Wednesday, March 07, 2007

RACE SEASON!!!




So I got talked into racing this weekend by Westy and Bob. Was not too into it, as it was cold and somewhat rainy (not to mention I had to get up at 6:30am!!). My fitness sucks as I haven't trained as much as I'd like this season and the travel has been kicking my ass. So I let everyone know in the parking lot before the race started that I have no fitness and just want to sit in the pack. Well race starts, a break goes 10 minutes in and who goes with it....me. Thought it'd last a few minutes. It ended up lasting the whole race!!! We shed 4 or 5 guys through out and on lap 4 of 5, I flatted!!! WTF?!!?! Shitty luck I guess. Chased for 7/8 of a lap solo and got caught by the pack with 2k to go. Oh well. A guaranteed top 5 turned into DFL just like that. But, hey, it's only Mason lake. Plenty of time for more racing this year.

Rode 4 hours with some teammates yesterday in the 70' weather. Shorts and short sleeves!! YES!!!!! Today, it's rainy and cold as usual.


Off to Chicago this weekend for a trade show, so no racing. Show should be fun. Big party for my companies 25th anniversary. I t should rock.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that the dude who won is an REI lunch ride stomper. don't worry, he'll be a Cat II in a month.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew!!!!!!! Thanks for the update on that guy, WSM. Cause i do not want to be pack fill against him all year. HAHAHAHA

Over the Rhine

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony, I am shocked at your bahavior. You need to tell your company that all that travelling is stressing you out and taking a toll on you. What would your wife think if she saw this video of you and Mr. Buddy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6W3p9QFwMA

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OTR Poonpounder

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who helped you film that anyway? Was it Kelvin? Or was it Del Taco, I mean El gato.

OTR

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Road racing sucks! blah, blah, blah, check out the coool ATB action frame I found in a shop somewhere in western seattle, blah, blah, blah, stan sucks, blah blah blah, oh I drank to much, blah blah blah, I'm going to be slow, blah, blah, blah...."
Oh how the mighty have fallen....
glad DH showed me this, hours of LtotheD family entertainment.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home